Thursday, August 9, 2012

Welcome to the Wheat Free Experience

Welcome! My name is Jenn and I am a newbie to being wheat free. I am writing this blog to share with you my experiences on this new and exciting journey. Let me quickly tell you how and why my husband and I decided to go Wheat free.

A few weeks ago I had a minor health scare but it was enough to make both of us realize that we needed to change our lifestyle. We ate too many processed foods, too much sugar and way too much of the wrong kinds of fat. But neither of us really knew how to eat better. We slowly cut back on these things but didn't really know how much had to go to make a difference.

Then one day we had a play date with one of the kids from my work. We met the child and their parent at the park and after some chit chat I mentioned I was looking for a way to change my life style but wasn't sure how. It turns out this parent is a natural path and had some great advice.

She recommended lots of fresh fruits and veggies, nuts and other sources of protein and she said fish was great. Then she recommended a book called "Wheat Belly" by Dr William Davis. It is about how wheat as we know it is so far removed from the wheat our ancestors ate and how the wheat We eat now is not doing us any favors.

Now I found it a very interesting and you might too but remember that before you change your diet or decide to do anything drastic that you must speak with your doctor first. I don't have a medical degree and I am only sharing what my family and I are doing to change our life styles.

So the medical scare and this book led Liam and I to the decision to cut out wheat from our diet and see what happens. As of today it has been a week and I feel pretty good. In my next post I will share with you my trip to see the natural path and the surprising places you will find wheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment